Welcome to Brianna's Page

Welcome to Brianna's Page

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 9th 3 years ago and where we are today. PICTURE OVERLOAD! :)




I am a slacker! Sorry! I have not posted an update in such a long time and I am so sorry for that, things have been very hectic and very crazy. But today, March 9th, I just have to post.



So let me try to go back a little bit. Brianna did not end up staying in the hospital for 3 weeks. She stayed 7 days out of the 3 weeks. The main reason why she only stayed 7 days was because while being in the hospital her doctors pushed the insurance company HARD for approval of the vest and medicines and they approved a 30 day rental through the hospitals equipment (for the Vest) and a 30 day supply of the pulmozyme from the hospitals pharmacy. YAY. The 30 days have come and gone (wow that long without an update, I am terrible so sorry) and we were recently approved for another 30 day rental on the Vest AND another 30 day suppply of the pulmozyme THROUGH OUR PHARMACY! OMG This is FANTASTIC. We were getting ready to make an offer to go half and half on the Vest to the insurance (with the fundraiser money) and pay a months worth of the medicine $3,000!


I may jump around sorry.

Since I mentioned the fundraiser I must mention that with the car washes, donations, fundraiser dance, and i got cha pizza we raised over 16,000!!!! I will take this opportunity to extend my gratitude to EVERYONE involved in the donations events etc thank you thank you thank you this means more than anyone will ever know and we are forever eternally grateful to each and every one of you who donated your time, your money, and extended love and support to Brianna and my family, THANK YOU.
The money thankfully has not been touched yet, and it was deposited under Briannas charity savings account which I will maintain open if anyone would still like to contribute (as some wonderful people have still done) let me know and I will give the info. When the money is used for any of Briannas medical needs I WILL DEFINITELY POST AN UPDATE and show RECEIPTS for whomever is interested.





Ok next. Brianna came home 2/4/2011 after 7 day stay in the hospital with a PICC LINE for the remainder 14 days of antibiotics for those who dont know this is an IV line directly into the heart, hers was 30cm long from her elbow to her heart. We had a nurse train my husband and I on how to administer the antibiotics through her PICC line and we learned very quickly and felt comfortable with doing them at home.




I will post pictures of her line and how we did this at home. The only hard part was getting any sleep they were Q6 (every 6 hours) and couldnt be given more than an hour early or an hour late and she had a 2 a.m dose for the 14 days and you have to wait 30-40 minutes for it to be complete and then flush her line so this was not fun for her or us because she would wake up fuzz and cry and we didnt get much sleep. She was a little disoriented and fuzzy the first 2 days that she came home on the line she didnt understand why she came home with it you could see it in her face she was worried and frightened. She is used to IV lines but also used to having them removed to go home.... sigh.



Since shes had that removed and shes been doing really great (so good she has now been cleared to go into surgery in the next few weeks to remove her tonsils and adenoids) on the vest and pulmozyme (along with the rest of her meds) and her last check up last week her pulmonary said her lung function in her left lung has dramatically improved since discharge! YAY. She was very suprised at how much sound (air) was moving in her left lung and was so pleased with how the vest and meds are working out for her (which is why she wants to continue them perhaps life long).

Unfortunatly Brianna got sick again this week and she is back on antibiotics, steriods and a new nasal spray on top of her other medications to try to prevent this new respiratory infection from turning into a pneumonia or even worse collapse her left lung again while its still in recovery mode... sigh but shes started on meds and we are continuing her vest and breathing treatments and her mood seems to be normal and happy so we have FAITH, as always :)

Next. Ahh the reason for posting. Today marks 3 years since Brianna's (and ours her familys) life was turned upside down and around. March 9th 3 years ago today Brianna stopped breathing and fainted, she had to be rushed to the ER and she ended up having her life saving emergency surgery around 2 am to correct her intestinal malrotation and remove her apendix, this leading to testing testing testing and receiving her diagnose of Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum.... we received anywhere from the worst to the most discouraging information ever at this time the same night... but what they didnt tell me was just how much I was going to learn, and how I was going to learn to love in a much deeper more pure way, that this child was going to completely melt me and change me and our lives and a lot of peoples' around her.



She has over come so so much which I dont have time to go into but you can see in the history of her blog...

I am proud of her.

She amazes me.

I love her so so much since this day 3 years ago this child of mine has endured contless surgeries, tests, procedures, blood work, shots, pokes, hospitalizations, therapies, doctors appointments, and an overload of treatments and medications she is MY HERO, she has come up and out of all this and continues to climb up this rough steep mountain with her own hands and knees basically her love for life is more than my words could ever express, she is strong she is full of life and love for it. she is amazing she is a child who motivates and fills people up with faith and love and hope she re fuels me with energy emotionally physically and emotionally.


I thank God because I know he has been there with her EVERY step of the way holding her hand and never letting her go.



I LOVE YOU BRIANNA! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN LIFE BABY GIRL.





<3





<3





<3




<3




<3 PICTURE OVERLOAD! I LOVE IT!!!





<3





<3 MY GIRLS MY GIRLS. I LOVE YOU HAILEY AND BRIANNA !




<3 If this caption ends up where its supposed to (next to the dark pic of Bri under the table, she was going around writing on things even under the table to write on the chairs lol.


<3





<3





<3





<3





<3





<3





<3





<3






<3







<3







<3





<3






<3





<3





<3





<3





<3







<3





<3





<3





<3





<3





<3






<3









<3



<3



<3



<3




<3










<3







<3








<3











<3




<3





<3




<3


Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment